As part of our acquisition by Cafemedia, your Topic account has been deactivated. This guide details exactly what you need to do and know in order to smoothly transition away from our platform.
Sunset dates depending on type of customer:
|Monthly customers||December 31, 2021|
|Non-monthly (annual or quarterly) customers||March 31, 2022|
|Cafemedia/AdThrive customers||you can continue access Topic within AdThrive|
Important: We stopped charging all accounts immediately after we announced the acquisition on September 29, 2021 and have provided all accounts free service until their sunset date. You do not need to worry about cancelling your account or being charged moving forward.
After the sunset date for your account:
- Your content brief dashboard will no longer be accessible
- You will no longer be able to create new content briefs
- Existing content briefs will no longer be accessible
Find a new service provider
If you intend to continue creating content briefs, the first step is to find a new service provider. Here are our following recommendations (along with exclusive discounts we have negotiated for existing Topic customers)
1) Content Harmony - Their team has put together a solid product that has similar functionality when it comes to creating content briefs.
And for existing Topic customers, we've negotiated a deal with them for 15% off the lifetime of your account with them in addition to discounted migration assistance. To learn more, check out the details here.
2) Marketmuse - As an alternative to Content Harmony, we also recommend MarketMuse. We've negotiated a 20% discount off their "Standard" plan for Topic customers. Just use coupon code "topic20" at checkout. Just keep in mind that with MarketMuse, there are additional credits that need to be purchased in order to create briefs for some of the plans.
3) Clearscope - Clearscope is an excellent tool for Content Optimization, Grading and Monitoring. Their only limitation currently is that they do not support generating content briefs.
4) Dashword - Dashword is another alternative. We have a coupon code "topic20" that will save you 20% off of any of their plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
If we're on a quarterly or annual contract, what happens to my account?
For customers on non-monthly contracts, our finance team will contract you to work on a refund corresponding to the remaining time on your contract. In addition, you will be given 6 months to offboard rather than 3 months.
Will I be charged again?
No, we will be turning off all subscription charges starting from September 29th, 2021. However, you will be able to use the system as normal until the sunset date, after which your account will no longer be accessible.
What if I use Topic via AdThrive?
As part of the acquisition, AdThrive customers will continue to have access to Topic via their Content Optimization dashboard.
Any Other Questions?
We understand that this transition may add unexpected work to your plate and appreciate your patience. If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to help.
Article is closed for comments.