As part of our acquisition by Cafemedia, Topic will eventually be sunsetted for the majority of our customers. This guide details exactly what you need to know do and know in order to smoothly transition away from our platform. First off, a few important details:
Sunset dates depending on type of customer:
|Monthly customers||December 31, 2021|
|Non-monthly (annual or quarterly) customers||March 31, 2022|
|Cafemedia/AdThrive customers||you can continue access Topic within AdThrive|
After the sunset date for your account:
- Your content brief dashboard will no longer be accessible
- You will no longer be able to create new content briefs
- Existing content briefs will no longer be accessible
1. Find a new service provider
If you intend to continue creating content briefs, the first step is to find a new service provider. Here are our following recommendations -
1) Content Harmony - Their team has put together a solid product that has similar functionality when it comes to creating content briefs.
And for existing Topic customers, we've negotiated a deal with them for 15% off the lifetime of your account with them in addition to discounted migration assistance. To learn more, check out the details here.
2) Marketmuse - As an alternative to Content Harmony, we also recommend MarketMuse. We've negotiated a 20% discount off their "Standard" plan for Topic customers. Just use coupon code "topic20" at checkout. Just keep in mind that with MarketMuse, there are additional credits that need to be purchased in order to create briefs for some of the plans.
3) Clearscope - Clearscope is an excellent tool for Content Optimization, Grading and Monitoring. Their only limitation currently is that they do not support generating content briefs.
4) Dashword - Dashword is another alternative. We have a coupon code "topic20" that will save you 20% off of any of their plans.
2. Transfer any in-progress briefs
If you want to take any briefs that are in-progress and move them to a different provider, there is an export button in the dashboard that will allow you to download a CSV of all of the content briefs you have ever created:
You can then use this CSV and copy the focus keywords into your new tool in order to re-create any content briefs that your team is currently working on.
For this step, you don't have to do anything. We've suspended all charges moving forward so you will no longer be charged from September 29th until your sunset date. On the sunset date, your account will simply be deactivated.
Frequently Asked Questions
If we're on a quarterly or annual contract, what happens to my account?
For customers on non-monthly contracts, our finance team will contract you to work on a refund corresponding to the remaining time on your contract. In addition, you will be given 6 months to offboard rather than 3 months.
Will I be charged again?
No, we will be turning off all subscription charges starting from September 29th, 2021. However, you will be able to use the system as normal until the sunset date.
What if I use Topic via AdThrive?
As part of the acquisition, AdThrive customers will continue to have access to Topic via their Content Optimization dashboard.
Any Other Questions?
We understand that this transition may add unexpected work to your plate and appreciate your patience. If you have any questions, reach out to email@example.com and we'll do our best to help.